Thursday, January 21, 2010

C is for Concentration

QUITE!!!!! I can’t concentrate with that noise!!!!!!!

It is very hard for me to concentrate when there are people talking to me, or other people talking in the background. Also I can't work when there is music in the background, or when I am listening to music. But some people can listen to music, text, go onto MSN and do homework all at the same time. It is amazing! I sure can’t do that! It is very hard for me to do homework in the same room as my brother because he can listen to music and sing while he works. I have to focus all my attention on what I am doing in order to concentrate and do my work.

All people are different. Some people can read, text, play on the computer, go on MSN and much more all at the same time. But other people can barely work in the same room as a conversation. Some people can work with music but can’t read with music, or vice versa. Quite places like libraries are very helpful for people who have to study or can’t concentrate with noise in the background.

Studies say that your brain works better when you are only concentrating on one thing, and not listening to music or talking. Here are some ways to help concentrate when doing work;
1. Be organized – have everything you need, so you don’t have to go back for stuff that you are missing. Keep your work space organized so there is nothing to distract you.
2. Don’t Procrastinate – don’t put thing off till the last minute. If you do things early, then you can finish your work at a time that is best for you.
3. Find a better environment to work in – Find a quite place in your house, or go to a library. Do your work when nobody is watching TV.
4. Stop making your mind wander – Focus on one task at a time. DON’T HAVE MSN OPEN WHEN DOING YOUR WORK!!! Keep all other books away from your work area.

BANG!!!!
When I say QUITE I am trying to work!!!

Life Lesson: If you can’t concentrate move to a different place, turn off the music, organize your work space, and don’t let your mind wander.

1 comment:

  1. Let me guess...I'm the one that distracts you! Well, I'm sorry! :P i wuv you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete