Tuesday, April 27, 2010

P is for Procrastination

Procrastination is when you leave something or put something off to the last minute. For example, it is Sunday night and I am doing this blog at the last minute.

Procrastinating is one of the most common things people do. At least 95 percent of people say they procrastinate occasionally.

Tell me:

Why do we procrastinate?

We procrastinate when something is difficult, time consuming, you feel that you lack the knowledge or skills required or you are afraid.

Is procrastination good or bad?

It is mostly bad because when you leave your work until the last minute, you have to rush and do it all in one night, and usually it means you are up late. Then you don’t get a good sleep, and you are tired for the next week. Also you can get in the habit if doing it, so you will always procrastinate.

Other people claim that they work better under pressure, so that is why they procrastinate. My brother lives by this motto.

Should you procrastinate?

No because you will get in the habit of doing it, and then you will be up late at night finishing your work. In the future you will take this habit to university, and when you don’t hand in a project on time in university they don’t care, they just give you a mark of zero. Courses move very quickly in university, and you will constantly be behind in every thing because you didn`t finish that one project.

As you can see procrastination is not a very good path to follow. As for me I tend to procrastinate, but it is not that I don’t want to get things done, it is that I don’t have time. My mom is always bugging me to use my time more wisely.


Life Lesson: Why do today what can be done tomorrow. NO ! NO! NO! It should be... Never put off until tomorrow what can be done today!





I commented on Blayne's blog

1 comment:

  1. Dear Hayley,
    I find your blog post very interesting and can relate to the feeling of leaving blogs to the last minute. And other homework. Then I end up never doing it. It kind of sucks. I completely agree with you on the fact that nobody should procrastinate. It would make people's lives a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete