Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Life of an Afghan Woman

Imagine having women stay inside all day. Imagine your country overrun by the Taliban. Imagine getting killed for standing up for what is rightfully yours. Imagine having to go outside while being afraid that you won't come back to see your loving family. Imagine getting married at the age of 16. Imagine living in Afghanistan.

I couldn't imagine going outside every day with a burqa on. Could you? If I had to it would affect my life a lot. It would change my life because no one could see my face or recognize me. No one would see me for me! I would be anonymous. Also it would be hard to work because you don't have any peripheral vision. It would be uncomfortable to wear because it would be hot and stuffy to have your face and body always covered. I’m sure I would feel claustrophobic.

It would bother me because I could only go outside with a man, and I could only see a little because of my burqa. I would not have the right to do what I want. I would have to live by the rules of the Taliban. I would not be free to be me. I would have to stay inside every day, and I would never get fresh air.

I would not like to live in Afghanistan because I would not like to live by its rules, and I would not want to wear a burqa all day, everyday.













No comments:

Post a Comment